With the myriad of articles that have been published touting the benefits and multiple uses of coconut oil, it’s no wonder coconut oil users feel are obsessed with this natural oil. It can be used as a skin and hair moisturizer, a cooking oil, makeup remover and a bug repellent, to name a few. But how many more ways can we incorporate coconut oil into our daily lives? I’ve pulled from some sources and found some awesome ways to add a bit of the essential oil to your healthy morning routine.
- Coconut oil as coffee creamer. A teaspoon or so of oil can be added to your morning coffee as a natural sweetener. Note: The American Heart Association recommends no more than 13 grams of saturated fat, one tablespoon (found in coconut oil) per day.
- Coconut oil can be used to make a natural soap that is both moisturizing and antibacterial.
- After showering, try slathering up with oil to damp skin before toweling off.
- If you prefer baths, add a teaspoon of oil to your bath along with an essential oil like lavender.
- Use coconut oil as deodorant as an alternative to store brands that often contain harsh chemicals.
- Coconut oil as face moisturizer. Cleanse your face and add oil to moisturize dry winter skin.
- Or use coconut oil as a cleanser using the oil cleanse method by applying coconut oil to your face and then following with a warm, wet cloth.
- Mix coconut oil, lemon juice and a dollop of your favorite essential oil to naturally strengthen eyelashes while you sleep.
- Coconut oil as toothpaste. Apply to teeth along with baking soda and essential oils as a naturally cleansing alternative.
- Apply a bit of oil to chapped lips.
Sources: health.com, wellnessmama.com